Re: perlcritic and perltidy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: perlcritic and perltidy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael,

* Michael Paquier (michael@paquier.xyz) wrote:
> On Sun, May 06, 2018 at 01:46:28PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > I definitely prefer to have the braces on their own line- makes working
> > with the files a lot easier when you've got a lot of hashes
> > (particularly thinking about the hashes for the pg_dump regression
> > tests..).  Having them on independent lines would have saved me quite a
> > few keystrokes when I reworked those tests.
>
> Agreed with Stephen's argument.  Let's keep the braces on the same
> line.  I have also been annoyed a couple of times with the format which
> adds a new line just for a brace.

While I appreciate the support, I'm not sure that you're actually
agreeing with me..  I was arguing that braces should be on their own
line and therefore there would be a new line for the brace.
Specifically, when moving lines between hashes, it's annoying to have to
also worry about if the line being copied/moved has braces at the end or
not- much easier if they don't and the braces are on their own line.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment