Re: Rationale for aversion to the central database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steven Lembark
Subject Re: Rationale for aversion to the central database?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 08:02:21 +0200
"Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at> wrote:

> On 2018-04-27 22:52:39 +0000, g@luxsci.net wrote:
> > Perhaps I'm extreme. In my ideal world, developers might not even
> > know table names! I'm kidding ,sorta...
>
> If they don't know the table names, how can they write those stored
> procedures?

One of the main reasons DBA's need to be pigs. Much spaghetti can be
avoided in ORM frameworks with well-designed views.

--
Steven Lembark                                       1505 National Ave
Workhorse Computing                                 Rockford, IL 61103