Re: Documentation for varbit is missing size parameter - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Documentation for varbit is missing size parameter
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 05:39:46PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 5:18 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 01:17:04AM -0300, Euler Taveira wrote:
>     > 2018-03-11 1:43 GMT-03:00 PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org>:
>     > > The documentation for the varbit data type is missing the size
>     parameter "[
>     > >
>     > Good catch! It seems to be an oversight in commit
>     > 768b647ead78d0d63915c1708cad13c2468f9440. The attached patch adds it.
>
>     Wow, that commit is from 2004.  Patch applied and backpatched to v10.
>

> If it goes all the way back to 2004, why not backpatch further?

Uh, I am always debating how important it is to backpatck vs the churn
we require of translations of our docs.  In this case, it didn't seem
worthwhile to have all of those translations try to deal with this
change for all those back branches.