Re: Changing WAL Header to reduce contention duringReserveXLogInsertLocation() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Changing WAL Header to reduce contention duringReserveXLogInsertLocation()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 09:04:55AM +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> So it shows clear benefit for both bulk actions and OLTP, with no regressions.
>
> No objection exists to the approach used in the patch, so I'm now
> ready to commit this.
>
> Last call for objections?

Please hold on.  It is Friday evening here.  First I cannot take the
time to articulate an answer you are requesting on the other thread
part.  Second, the latest version of the patch has been sent from Pavan
a couple of hours ago, and you are proposing to commit it in a message
sent 29 minutes after the last version has been sent.

Let's cool down a bit and take some time for reviews, please.  You still
have one week until the end of the commit fest anyway.

Thanks,
--
Michael

Attachment