Re: Liblwgeom-2.4.0 dependencies - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Liblwgeom-2.4.0 dependencies
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Pascal HERAUD 2018-03-21 <858569c5-4e06-5fc0-0c77-52a71dd86044@laroueverte.com>
> Thank you for your help :),
>
> So it's kind of "normal".
>
> Sad to install all these X packages on a postgresql server.
>
> when you say "short of disabling SFCGAL", I think it involves changing the
> debian package or the lib compilation, right ?

To change that, we'd need to recompile postgis, so the Debian packages
do not use the SFCGAL libs anymore.

SFCGAL is actually disabled in the postgis package in Debian unstable
(and hence in buster and Ubuntu bionic) because of incompatible
changes between SFCGAL and CGAL - see
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/postgis/commit/eca91364b04f6d237061ccbb8b6997da226c37a4

Because apt.postgresql.org is using the same packaging as Debian
unstable, that change had also slipped into the packages for other
distributions (i.e. stretch and jessie), but we reverted it:
https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/3198

Christoph