Re: [submit code] I develop a tool for pgsql, how can I submit it - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: [submit code] I develop a tool for pgsql, how can I submit it
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello leap,

> hello!
> I develop a tool for pgsql, I want to submit it on pgsql.
> how can I submit it?
> address: https://github.com/leapking/pgcheck

It's always nice to see another great tool! Thanks a lot for sharing it.
I believe you should write a blog post about it for PostgreSQL Planet or
at least submit a link to Reddit and/or Hacker News. Also consider
submitting a talk about it to PostgreSQL conferences.

I couldn't not notice that actually it looks quite similar to
pg_filedump [1] which is currently maintained by the community. Perhaps
you would be interested in porting the part of pgcheck's functionality
that is missing in pg_filedump to pg_filedump? Or maybe vice versa? :)

Fun fact! pg_filedump is designed for reading, checking and recovering
data from database files. Since these files are usually recovered from a
backup or corrupted hard drive pg_filedump will be most likely executed
on the system which doesn't has a PostgreSQL package installed. And it's
distributed separately just for this reason I believe.

[1]: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pg_filedump.git;a=summary

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev