Re: PATCH: Exclude unlogged tables from base backups - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: PATCH: Exclude unlogged tables from base backups
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 07:28:22PM +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> Thank you for updating the patch! The patch looks good to me. But I
> have a question; can we exclude temp tables as well? The pg_basebackup
> includes even temp tables. But I don't think that it's necessary for
> backups.

They are not needed in base backups.  Note that RemovePgTempFiles() does
not remove temporary relfilenodes after a crash per the comments on its
top.  I have not looked at the patch in details, but if you finish by
not including those files in what's proposed there is much refactoring
possible.
--
Michael

Attachment