Re: Package version in PG_VERSION and version() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Package version in PG_VERSION and version()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Peter Eisentraut 2018-01-17 <f18403d3-278c-a4fa-e1f5-6b9a90ca077c@2ndquadrant.com>
> So what is the next action this thread?  I think --with-extra-version is
> the right solution for packagers, so I'm tempted to close this commit
> fest item.  There is some speculation that using it could break
> third-party tools, but (a) we would need more concrete evidence, (b) we
> should fix *that* then, and (c) it's likely unavoidable in general.

If you think I should use that for the packages in Debian and on
apt.postgresql.org, I can do that. I just fear it will explode
in all sorts of ways...

Christoph
--
Senior Berater, Tel.: +49 2166 9901 187
credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080, USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209