From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] New Mailing List : pgsql-gui-dev@postgresql.org ?
Date
List pgsql-www
Greetings,

* Damien Clochard (damien@dalibo.info) wrote:
> If we had only a handful of graphic tools for Postgres, I would
> definitely agree with you. But so far we have identified 60
> developers actively working on 35 different tools. Diversity is a
> chance for open source projects but at this level of fragmentation
> it begins to hurt everyone : developpers are wasting time and code
> on the same issues, same needs.

I'm not really sure how having this mailing list is going to really help
that, but you've at least convinced me that there's people who are going
to subscribe to it and post to it, and that it's a different group than
the -hackers list.

I've gone ahead and created it, but if we end up in a year or two with
no recent traffic on it, I think we'll probably try to push to remove it
again (as I'm getting ready to do with a number of other dead lists..).

You should be able to log in and subscribe to the list here:

https://lists.postgresql.org/manage

The list is archived as the others are, here:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-gui-dev/2017-11/

And it's under 'Developer lists' through the website.

I'm currently the only moderator, so if things need moderation then
there might be a bit of delay.  If other folks want to help with the
moderation, that'd be great, just let me know.

Thanks!

Stephen