BUG #14907: missing postgis extension files - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From justin.lu@digitalglobe.com
Subject BUG #14907: missing postgis extension files
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      14907
Logged by:           Justin Lu
Email address:      justin.lu@digitalglobe.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.15
Operating system:   RHEL5

Hi,

I noticed that the postgis2_94-2.1.8-1.rhel5.x86_64.rpm file doesn't have
the postgis--2*.sql and postgis.control files in it. Those files are also
missing in postgis 2.1.7 version or postgres 9.5 version of same platform.
As the result, we can't create postgis extentions with that distribution.

Is this intentional? Do we have to use RHEL6 version in order to use
postgis?

thanks,

Justin