Re: [HACKERS] Use of non-restart-safe storage by temp_tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Use of non-restart-safe storage by temp_tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Claudio Freire wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > Right now we don't document that temp_tablespaces can use
> > non-restart-safe storage, e.g. /tmp, ramdisks.  Would this be safe?
> > Should we document this?
>
> I have set up things like that, but it's nontrivial.

I think it'd be smart to support the use case directly, because there's
interest in it being actually supported (unlike the statu quo).
Something like restoring the tablespace to the empty state on boot, if
it's known to need it.