Re: [PERFORM] Speed differences between two servers - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Speed differences between two servers
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, 9 May 2017 10:24:20 -0600
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:

> As for the hard drives, can you upgrade to a pair of SSDs? If your
> data set fits on (and will continue to fit on) SSDs, the performance
> gained from SSDs is HUGE and worth a few hundred extra for the drive.
> Note that you want to use the Intel enterprise stuff that survives
> power loss, not the cheap low end SSDs. May be an easy fix for your
> hosting company and a big performance gain.

Sure, but I'm getting plenty of performance already : my little machines can serve 40 requests/second with 6 or 7
queriesper request. So I'm fine for a while.

You can see for yourself if you enter the demo account for the site in my sig, and click in a couple of files (it's the
databasethat gets re-created by the procedure I mentionned in my original post)

--
                    Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://legalcase.libremen.com/
Legal case, contract and insurance claim management software