Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter,

* Peter Eisentraut (peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> The current patch causes a failure in the pg_dump tests, because the
> generated CREATE SUBSCRIPTION commands make connection attempts that
> don't work.  We have the pg_dump option --no-create-subscription-slots
> for this, but I suppose we should expand that to
> --no-subscription-connect and use the new NOCONNECT option instead.

I'll admit that I've not followed this very closely, so perhaps I'm
misunderstanding, but I thought our prior discussion lead to the idea
that pg_dump would always dump out subscriptions with 'NOCONNECT', so
that a restore wouldn't automatically start trying to connect to another
system.

In which case, I don't quite understand why we need a
"--no-subscription-connect" option.

Thanks!

Stephen