[HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve pg_dump regression tests and codecoverage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve pg_dump regression tests and codecoverage
Date
Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve pg_dump regression tests and code coverage  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Robert,

> I'm glad that you are working on fixing
> pg_dump bugs and improving test coverage, but my gladness about that
> does not extend to thinking that the processes which other people
> follow for their work should be waived for yours.  Sorry.

To be clear, I am not asking for any kind of special exception for
myself.

I continue to be of the opinion that this entire discussion is quite
flipped from how we really should be running things- adding regression
tests to improve code coverage, particularly when they're simply adding
to the existing structure for those tests, should be strongly encouraged
both before and after feature-freeze.

Thanks.

Stephen