[HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix a bug in how we generate partitionconstraints. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix a bug in how we generate partitionconstraints.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> > <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> >> Hmm, we were discussing this stuff a few days ago, see
> >> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170109182800.qrkae62kmur3gfeg@alvherre.pgsql
> >> and commit 3957b58b8885441c8d03bc1cfc00e47cf8cd7975.  Part of this code
> >> duplicates that ...
> >
> > Is that bad?
>
> If you are expressing a concern about who wrote this code, I took
> Amit's word for it that he did.

I'm just saying that the problem at hand is already solved for a related
feature, so ISTM this new code should use the recently added routine
rather than doing the same thing in a different way.