Re: [pgsql-www] Re: I've created an Apache Derby to PostgreSQLconverter, would like to add to wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Re: I've created an Apache Derby to PostgreSQLconverter, would like to add to wiki
Date
List pgsql-www
bill robertson wrote:

Hi Bill,

> Maybe to add some context to my idea if others want to think about it. I
> was looking for ways to integrate ElasticSearch with PostgreSQL. Started on
> the FDW page, and found a few projects, but eventually ended up finding
> Zombodb, which isn't an FDW, but it's not mentioned on the site anywhere.

The wiki is not a good venue to discuss things.  If you want to chat
with somebody about some random idea you had, use the mailing lists or
IRC, or perhaps go to a conference (there are plenty all over the world)
where you can discuss in the hallway track.

> All of this got me to wondering, should there be a page that is about
> integrating PostgreSQL with other things?

That sounds way too large a topic for a single wiki page.  If you're
feeling prolific, one idea is to write a few of those pages in the wiki
and create a wiki category that links to them all.  Or perhaps you can
write a blog (and then you can create a wiki page with links to the blog
posts, or just copy the contents over).

> Also, another side note, the FDW page only lists one of the many
> ElasticSearch FDWs. Is that one listed because it's known to be better than
> the others or is it just there because it's there? If it's the later case,
> I'd like to help fill in a bit more detail for others in the future.

The wiki is not expected to be perfect all the time.  If links are
missing, feel free to contribute by editing the page.