PHP-Shop with PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michelle Konzack
Subject PHP-Shop with PostgreSQL
Date
Re: PHP-Shop with PostgreSQL  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
Good evening *,

before I restart coding things myself here a/some question/s:

Long time ago (6-8 years) I was  searching  for   a  simple   PHP  based
OnlineShop Software which use PostgreSQL without breaking  the  head  of
the owner.

It seems that unfortunately all   this  shop  softwares  continue  using
crappy MySQL and its proprietary functions which are NOT portable to any
other SQL databases.

Now I run a bunch of PostgreSQL databases (since 16 years)  including  a
cluster of 28 TByte and I am definitively not willing to switch to MySQL

Which should be understandable by anyone on this list!  ;-)

However, I need a more or less simple PHP and PostgreSQL based  shopping
cart with 3 levels of categories...  PayPal, Shiping labels, etc.

Also I have the need to adapt the Shop-Language (I need  more  then  EN,
DE, FR, EE, RU,...)  POOTLE based integration would be perfect!

Also the Item-Describtions in the shop should  be  possibel  in  several
languages.  (I have done this before in a  table  with  one  column  per
Language and per Item one row.  Exportable as POT files and import of PO
files)

Since I run my apache2 with a bunch of hosts, several installations (one
per Apache2 host) must be possibel.

Can someone recommend me a shop system which met my requirements?

...or is someone willing to create a new project with me together?

The shop should fullfill European (EU) requirements
and of course languages plus being Open Source Software.

Thanks in avance

--
Michelle Konzack        ITSystems
GNU/Linux Developer     0033-6-61925193