Re: Move pg_largeobject to a different tablespace *without* turning on system_table_mods. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Move pg_largeobject to a different tablespace *without* turning on system_table_mods.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 01:25:33PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 09:44:05AM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> >> ​I think the theory of having all system tables except LO on SSD storage, and
> >> having LO on a less performant device, makes sense.
>
> > OK, so is this a TODO item?
>
> According to
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/200407110311.i6B3BBW24899%40candle.pha.pa.us
> it already is ;-)
>
> Personally though I'd narrow the scope to just consider pg_largeobject
> (and maybe pg_largeobject_metadata).  I see no use-case for moving other
> catalogs out of the DB's default tablespace, and doing so would create a
> large space of poorly-tested opportunities for failure.

Ah, I see it now:
Allow toast tables to be moved to a different tablespace    moving toast table to its own tablespace    patch : Allow
toasttables to be moved to a different tablespace

http://enterprisedb.com