Re: Move pg_largeobject to a different tablespace *without* turning on system_table_mods. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Move pg_largeobject to a different tablespace *without* turning on system_table_mods.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 09:44:05AM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
>> ​I think the theory of having all system tables except LO on SSD storage, and
>> having LO on a less performant device, makes sense.

> OK, so is this a TODO item?

According to
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/200407110311.i6B3BBW24899%40candle.pha.pa.us
it already is ;-)

Personally though I'd narrow the scope to just consider pg_largeobject
(and maybe pg_largeobject_metadata).  I see no use-case for moving other
catalogs out of the DB's default tablespace, and doing so would create a
large space of poorly-tested opportunities for failure.