Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello, Victor.

> I'm sending new version of patch.
>
> I've replaced readonly option with target_server_type (with JDBC
> compatibility alias targetServerType),
>
> use logic of setting defaults based on number of hosts in the connect
> string instead of complicated condition in the state machine,
>
> added checks for return values of memory allocation function.
>
> Also, I've solved pg_usleep problem by linking pgsleep.c into libpq
> along with some other libpgport objects which are already linked there.
>
> Thus client applications don't need to link with libpgport and libpq
> shared library is self-containted.

This patch doesn't apply to master branch:

```
$ git apply ~/temp/libpq-failover-8.patch
/home/eax/temp/libpq-failover-8.patch:184: trailing whitespace.
check:
/home/eax/temp/libpq-failover-8.patch:252: trailing whitespace./*
/home/eax/temp/libpq-failover-8.patch:253: trailing whitespace. *  Validate target_server_mode option
/home/eax/temp/libpq-failover-8.patch:254: trailing whitespace. */
/home/eax/temp/libpq-failover-8.patch:306: trailing whitespace.        appendPQExpBuffer(&conn->errorMessage,
error: src/interfaces/libpq/t/001-multihost.pl: already exists in
working directory

$ git diff
```

--