Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?

From: Bruce Momjian
Subject: Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (James Keener, )
 Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (David Fetter, )
  Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Tomas Vondra, )
   Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (David Fetter, )
 Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (David Fetter, )
   Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (julyanto SUTANDANG, )
    Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: Are we the first OSS database with parallel query?  (Chris Travers, )

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 02:45:22AM +0700, julyanto SUTANDANG wrote:
> I thought that the real term of Parallel Query should talk about Query in a
> Host, Not multi host.
> When multihost (clusters) is the context, of course it is parallel execution of
> query in every single host with single query each. So, applying term Parallel
> Query as the first RDBMS implement it, i think it is correct.

I think we added a "parallel CPU query" feature.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <>        http://momjian.us