Re: [Patch] Temporary tables that do not bloat pg_catalog (a.k.a fast temp tables) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: [Patch] Temporary tables that do not bloat pg_catalog (a.k.a fast temp tables)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The global temporary tables has persistent rows in the catalogue. The
> mapping to files can be marked as special and real mapping should be
> only in memory.
>
> So the changes in catalogue related to global temporary tables are
> pretty less frequently.

I'm afraid I still don't get it. Let say I have an application that
does `CREATE TEMP TABLE xx ; DROP TABLE xx` in every session all the
time. Naturally there is not only one temp table per session. Could you
explain please in more detail how exactly do these persistent rows help?

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev