Re: Using both ident and password in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: Using both ident and password in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 10 May 2016 10:46:39 -0400
George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Linux (or Unix) you'd set up a forwarding record in iptables that
> redirects a second port to Postgresql.

Forwarding to a different host is bad enough without explaining
different ports.  I think my idea will do the job cleanly, or at least
as cleanly as I can expect.

> I don't know offhand a way to do that on Windows, but I presume that
> it is possible.

Luckily I could care less about Windows or Linux for that matter.  Unix
is all I run on my servers.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.