Re: Meet-up in Santiago, Chile - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Meet-up in Santiago, Chile
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 04/27/2016 08:23 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I'm organizing a meetup event on Thursday 28 (tomorrow).  I have set up
> > a meetup account and event here,
> >   http://www.meetup.com/es/Postgres-Santiago-CL/events/230531926/
> > which turned up a lot better than I initially expected (I created this
> > on Thursday 21; I didn't expect it would fill up so quickly.  I was
> > thinking maybe 10 guys would come!).
> >
> > I would like some community funding help for this.  How exactly does one
> > go about that?
>
> The funds group that organizes the access to the SPI funds should be
> able to help with this.

That's what I thought too; I see regular offers to help funding first
meetings to PUGs when people ask here about starting a PUG in their
city.  I emailed funds@postgresql.org but got absolutely no response
back.  I still hope to get some money back.

BTW people were extremely happy with the event.  Somebody offered a room
for free at their workplace for future repeats.  This one was expensive.