Re: conference slides in wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: conference slides in wiki
Date
Re: conference slides in wiki  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
List pgsql-www
Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> Hi Alvaro,
>
> > On Apr 27, 2016, at 11:28 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > I think this was ill-conceived.
>
> I take slight exception to this as I did research the upload solutions
> prior:  I looked at the list of conferences with uploads
> (https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations
> <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations>)
> and it appeared that each conference was still following suit with
> uploading the talks here, even after the "cool-off” period was added.

I wasn't trying to be offensive to you personally, apologies if it came
across that way.  This conference is the first one where we found
ourselves flooded with editor privs requests.

> What I would change is I would ask people to send the talks to us and
> someone on the PGConf US committee or a volunteer could have handled
> the uploads (and in fact I will send a message to the list to do
> that).  Unfortunately we get inundated with requests after the
> conference, including making the content available, that we are doing
> our best to triage and outsource what work we can.

That's true too.

Maybe we should have an application in the website that's specifically
about uploading slides.