Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Justin Clift wrote:
> On 27 Apr 2016, at 15:46, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > You are conflating two concepts, building a community and making a Beta announcement. The first is a long term,
widespread project. The second is a point in time notification of an event. Dragging in data extraneous to that event
onlymuddies what the notification is about.

> "only muddies" isn't true.  The beta announcement also provides an opportunity
> to point out other Community projects.  That's something that should be done
> as often as possible. :)

I think Robert said it best in
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoZVBmTnUT419mS3pV9hESJh78gibD_2tviaoGMWvOTwtg@mail.gmail.com
The risk of alienating other people who happens to have worked on
"competing" tools is very high.

I think the mere fact that this discussion is occuring should be
indicative of this being a bad idea.  In short, -1 from me.