Re: PostgreSQL Auditing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Banck
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Auditing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 08:28:54AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 02/02/2016 07:31 AM, curtis.ruck@gmail.com wrote:
> >Its not available in rpm or premade binary forms in its current
> >instantiation, not a big deal for me, but it raises the barrier to
> >entry.
> >
> >If it was packaged into an RPM, what would be the process to get it
> >added to postgresql's yum repositories?
>
> Assuming it is not placed into core, we would need to work with the
> deb and rpm projects. Which I am sure we could (and would) do.

We are looking into packaging pgaudit for Debian.

However, then another question comes up: Should the 2nd Quadrant or the
Crunchy Data codebase be added to the distribution? Who gets to decide?

Alternatively, both could be added, but that will likely confuse users.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach