Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I'm uncomfortable with the prefix-matching aspect of -b.  It makes
> "-b s" ambiguous -- whether it stands for select-only or simple-update
> is merely a matter of what comes earlier in the table, which doesn't
> seem reasonable to me.  [...]

> I'm going to change this to use strlen(builtin_script[i].name) instead
> of "len" here.

I pushed like that, but of course that means you can use "-b
simple-update-foo" and it works.  I could have used just strcmp().
(Part e is pushed too along with an initial pgindent).

Here's part b rebased, pgindented and with some minor additional tweaks
(mostly function commands and the function renames I mentioned).  Still
concerned about the unlocked stat accums.

I haven't tried to rebase the other ones yet, they need manual conflict
fixes.

Attachment