Re: Very confusing installcheck behavior with PGXS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Very confusing installcheck behavior with PGXS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David E. Wheeler wrote:

> >> In 9.5 you might want to "use PostgresNode" which allows you to initdb
> >> and such.
> >
> > Oooh, thanks! I might well just copy that into my pgxntool utility.
>
> Is this documented somewhere?

Not in detail.  Patches welcome; see the "regress-tap" sect1 in
doc/src/sgml/regress.sgml.

> If it’s Perl, seems like it’d only be useful for those of us who compile from source, yes?

Feel free to submit patches for discussion to install the modules.  We
already install pg_regress under lib/pgxs/src/test/regress/ so I see no
reason we couldn't install the Perl test modules somewhere.  If you
hurry you can still make it to 9.6's last commitfest.