Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Victor Yegorov <vyegorov@gmail.com> writes:
> While table 9.5 with functions looks quite nice, I quite dislike 9.4 with
> operators.

BTW, I think a big part of the problem with table 9.4 as it's being
rendered in the web style right now is that the type placeholders
(numeric_type etc) are being rendered in a ridiculously overemphasized
fashion, causing them to overwhelm all else.  Do we really want
<replaceable> to be rendered that way?  I'd think plain italic,
comparable to the rendering of <parameter>, would be more appropriate.

I could make this page use <parameter> for that purpose of course,
but it seems like semantically the wrong thing.