Re: Win32 timezone matching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Win32 timezone matching
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
>         ereport(LOG,
>                 (errmsg("could not determine system time zone, defaulting to \"%s\"", "GMT"),

BTW, does anyone remember the reason for making "GMT" nonlocalizable
in these messages?  It seems more straightforward to do
               (errmsg("could not determine system time zone, defaulting to \"GMT\""),

I suppose we had a reason for doing it the first way but I can't see
what.  "GMT" seems a fairly English-centric way of referring to UTC
anyhow; translators might wish to put in "UTC" instead, or some other
spelling.  Shouldn't we let them?