BUG #13819: What is maximum limit on max_connections? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From ashish.chauhan@support.com
Subject BUG #13819: What is maximum limit on max_connections?
Date
Re: BUG #13819: What is maximum limit on max_connections?  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13819
Logged by:          Ashish Chauhan
Email address:      ashish.chauhan@support.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1
Operating system:   Ubuntu

Hi,

I am new to this community and not sure this is right place to ask question
so please guide me if I have to ask question some other place.

Currently, we have 300 max_connection on production and we are feeling we
need to increase it to 500. I want to know what is recommended maximum limit
for max_connection? Do we need to start thinking of pooling?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks
-Ashish