Re: Remaining 9.5 open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Remaining 9.5 open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-11-30 14:43:59 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> * pg_rewind exiting with error code 1 when source and target are on the same timeline
>
> Is this a new-in-9.5 bug, or a pre-existing problem?  If the latter,
> I'm not sure it's a release blocker.

pg_rewind was only introduced in 9.5, no?

> * Finish multixact truncation rework
>
> We're not seriously going to push something this large into 9.5 at this
> point, are we?

To my knowledge this mostly comment changes. And some, actually
independent, improvements. More blocked on procedual disagreements -
with Noah wanting to revert the existing commits, fixup some stuff, then
reapply them - and me just wanting to do the improvements independently.

Greetings,

Andres Freund