Re: Where do I enter commands? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Where do I enter commands?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 07:33:15PM -0700, David Blomstrom wrote:
> It seems like a command-line tool would be
> incredibly tedious when creating tables, modifying them, filling them with
> data, etc.

For whatever it's worth, I find quite the opposite: once you have the
hang of the command line, it is so much more efficient for these
things (you can script everything up in your favourite editor) that I
find I never go back to the GUI unless I need diagrams and so on.

I think the others in the thread are giving you the right
instructions, so I've nothing to add on the GUI.  But do consider
trying out the command line.  You'll be surprised at the power you get
once the initial learning curve is over.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca