Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> > The infra team seems to be good with debbugs, and several committers
> > seem to like it, why not go with it?
>
> It certainly seems like debbugs is the proposal to beat at this point.

Agreed.

> In the end though, what matters is somebody doing the dogwork to make
> it happen: connecting some tool up to our workflow and populating it
> with an initial collection of items.  Until that happens, we're just
> arguing in a vacuum with no way to see whether a proposal will really
> work.

Setting up debbugs is on my list of things to do in the not-too-distant
future, but don't expect much before beta1 as I've got a few items in
the hopper for that which are clearly higher priority than the bug
tracker we've lived without for 20 years.

I'll be sure to update the thread once there is progress to report.

Thanks!

Stephen