Re: moderation of pg advocacy? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: moderation of pg advocacy?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Darren Duncan wrote:
> Isn't this group moderated or have some kind of controls?  Usually I never
> see spam/scams on tech lists like this, but the last 2 posts were that way.

It is.  In fact, 3 emails were posted in between those two you mention
that weren't distributed (and in other lists, many many more are quietly
rejected every day).  The trouble is that these two posts were made from
addresses that had been previously subscribed to some lists and had been
taken over by bots; so the messages weren't held for moderation.  I
removed the addresses from the register, so it shouldn't happen again
from those two addresses.  Of course, there are others :-(