Re: previous pgdg postgresql 9.2.10 ubuntu 1204 amd64 packages needed - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: previous pgdg postgresql 9.2.10 ubuntu 1204 amd64 packages needed
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Imre Oolberg 2015-09-20 <cf519077c98ec74fbb432f513a486965@www.pak-lm.ee>
> I am thankful https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt user, being now at 9.2.13
> (on Ubuntu 12.04 amd64) i would like to test something how it runs on
> previous 9.2.10 version. Browsing
> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/9.2/p/postgresql-9.2/ i dont
> see this older version and in itself this is normal Debian-like repository
> behavior i think. Is it still possible to have access to versions than have
> been previously on PGDG apt repository? It is not important to have access
> like snapshot.debian.org, just .deb files is quite enough and i can generate
> local file system based repository i believe.
>
> I imaging as an alternative would be to say 'git clone' and work with proper
> branches and build routine. If older version is not available i would be
> happy if somebody could give me a brief instructions how to build 9.2.10
> (postgresql-9.2 and
> postgresql-9.2-plproxy actually) .deb packages (i am generally familiar with
> deb-src building).

The old packages are still around, but currently not publicly
available. If it helps you, I can put them somewhere on the web. (Will
poke you on IRC.)

postgresql-9.2-plproxy should still be the same as it was when 9.2.10
was around: 2.5-5.pgdg*. (2.6 has been released, but hasn't made it to
the pgapt archive yet.)

For building, everything is in git (apt-cache showsrc for the url),
you'll just need to checkout the correct tag, and fetch the correct
orig tarball ("origtargz" will help).

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/