BUG #13586: Repository/Distribution issues - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From dmt.shvedov@gmail.com
Subject BUG #13586: Repository/Distribution issues
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13586
Logged by:          Dmitry Shvedov
Email address:      dmt.shvedov@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.4
Operating system:   Linux Mint

Hi,
Installing from the Repository provided here and following all instructions
as for Ubuntu 14.04 (that my Mint 17.02 is based on):
http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/

After installing all packages, cannot launch postgres:

$ postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
The program 'postgres' is currently not installed. You can install it by
typing:
sudo apt-get install postgres-xc

$ sudo apt-get install postgres-xc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help resolve the situation:

 postgres-xc : Depends: postgres-xc-client but it is not going to be
installed

$ sudo apt-get install postgres-xc-9.4
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package postgres-xc-9.4
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'postgres-xc-9.4'

I assume I need postgres-xc, but that package is not in your repo, I only
have the one from Ubuntu - for older version of Postgres.

Am I doing something wrong here?
Thanks.