Re: missing documentation for partial WAL files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: missing documentation for partial WAL files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > The commit message for de76884 contains some important information about
> > the purpose and use of the new .partial WAL files.  But I don't see
> > anything about this in the documentation or another user-visible place.
> >  We should probably add something.
>
> +1.  Heikki talked about this at his PGCon presentation, and I thought
> that was pretty helpful stuff, but not everyone was there (or will
> remember what he said when the time comes that they need to know).

Hopefully the audio or video of it will be posted eventually..  I was
hoping to review it myself and to discuss the points he made in depth
with David, to make sure we cover all of them (pretty sure we do, but
good to verify).

The link to the slides, at least, is here:

http://www.pgcon.org/2015/schedule/attachments/379_PGCon2015-Warm-standby-done-right.pdf
Thanks!
    Stephen