Re: Removing SSL renegotiation (Was: Should we back-patch SSL renegotiation fixes?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Removing SSL renegotiation (Was: Should we back-patch SSL renegotiation fixes?)
Date
Re: Removing SSL renegotiation (Was: Should we back-patch SSL renegotiation fixes?)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-06-24 16:41:48 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> I, by now, have come to a different conclusion. I think it's time to
> entirely drop the renegotiation support.

I think by now we essentially concluded that we should do that. What I'm
not sure yet is how: Do we want to rip it out in master and just change
the default in the backbranches, or do we want to rip it out in all
branches and leave a faux guc in place in the back branches. I vote for
the latter, but would be ok with both variants.