Re: [CORE] back-branch multixact fixes & 9.5 alpha/beta: schedule - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Gould
Subject Re: [CORE] back-branch multixact fixes & 9.5 alpha/beta: schedule
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 8 Jun 2015 13:53:42 -0300
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> * people with the wrong oldestMulti setting in pg_control (which would
> be due to a buggy pg_upgrade being used long ago) will be unable to
> start if they upgrade to 9.3.7 or 9.3.8.  A solution for them would be
> to downgrade to 9.3.6.  We had reports of this problem starting just a
> couple of days after we released 9.4.2, I think.

Does this mean that for people with wrong oldestMulti settings in pg_control
due to a buggy pg_upgrade being used long ago can fix this by updating to
9.3.9 when it is released? Asking for a friend...

-dg

--
David Gould              510 282 0869         daveg@sonic.net