Re: skipping pg_log in basebackup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Abhijit Menon-Sen
Subject Re: skipping pg_log in basebackup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 2015-06-08 13:09:02 +0900, michael.paquier@gmail.com wrote:

> It seems to be that:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHGQGwH0OKZ6cKpJKCWOjGa3ejwfFm1eNrmRO3dkdoTeaai-eg@mail.gmail.com

(Note that this is about calculating the wrong size, whereas my bug is
about the file being too large to be written to a tar archive.)

> And a recent discussion about that is this one:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/82897A1301080E4B8E461DDAA0FFCF142A1B2660@SYD1216

Oh, sorry, I somehow did miss that thread entirely. Thanks for the
pointer. (I've added Vaishnavi to the Cc: list here.)

I'm not convinced that we need a mechanism to let people exclude the
torrent files they've stored in their data directory, but if we have to
do it, the idea of having a GUC setting rather than specifying excludes
on the basebackup command line each time does have a certain appeal.

Anyone else interested in doing it that way?

-- Abhijit