Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Move pg_upgrade from contrib/ to src/bin/
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Yes, we do want support for testmodules. I think that needs to be built into
> src/tools/msvc, probably in vcregress.pl. Once we have that the buildfarm
> changes will be trivial. But if that's not forthcoming quickly I can just
> avoid the step on msvc for now.

Well, *I* can't write the MSVC patch, but I can't find anyone to
volunteer some time either :-(  I think it's best to have MSVC skip the
step and have the Makefile-based animals run it.  That would give us a
lot more coverage than currently, which is just two animals AFAIU.

> We've handled the buildfarm being red for a few days before. People are
> usually good about applying fixes fairly quickly.

Okay.