BUG #13013: Cannot install PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From lpoyner@hach.com
Subject BUG #13013: Cannot install PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      13013
Logged by:          Les Poyner
Email address:      lpoyner@hach.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.3
Operating system:   Windows 7 x64 SP1

We are trying to install PostgreSQL on a clients computer for our product
and the it fails at the very end of PostgreSQL part. We have gone on several
message boards to try various things with no luck. Our product has installed
for years with no problems on Windows 7 x64 SP1. We tried this on virtual
machines and even built a computer with a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 SP1
and could not duplicate the problem. The customer did have Norton installed,
but was later uninstalled to see if that would help - no luck, but it's
possible Norton changed the system configuration.

It seems our problem centers around creating the postgresql.conf file on
this guys computer.  The bitrock log file has:

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error reading file C:/ProgramData/Hach Company/UDG/pgData/postgresql.conf

It looks like everything installed because the message says 'post-install'
and I looked at the folder under postgresql/9.2 and there are many artifacts
there. Is there a command we can run to get the service running? I can send
you the log file if it would help.

Thanks,

  Les Poyner (lpoyner@hach.com)
  Software Developer III