Re: Row security violation error is misleading - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Row security violation error is misleading
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Craig,

* Craig Ringer (craig@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> When attempting to insert a row that violates a row security policy that
> applies to writes, the error message emitted references WITH CHECK OPTION,
> even though (as far as the user knows) there's no such thing involved.
> If you understand the internals you'd know that row security re-uses the
> same logic as WITH CHECK OPTION, but it's going to be confusing for users.

Agreed and we actually have a patch from Dean already to address this,
it's just been waiting on me (with a couple of other ones).  It'd
certainly be great if you have time to take a look at those, though,
generally speaking, I feel prety happy about where those are and believe
they really just need to be reviewed/tested and maybe a bit of word-
smithing around the docs.
Thanks!
    Stephen