Re: gitweb gitlog broken links to email archive - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: gitweb gitlog broken links to email archive
Date
List pgsql-www
On 2015-01-13 13:02:49 -0800, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Previously committers have just pasted the full link I think - which would
> be easy enough to go back to.

Perhaps it is not surprising, given that it's my commit that's
referenced, but I find full links rather annoying. For one they're often
too long for one line. For another the message id seem to have been a
lot more stable over the years than actual archive links...

But either way, if we agree that archive links are better, I can
certainly live with that. I'd much rather have more people referencing
discussions using archive links than fewer using just raw message
ids.  I've spent far too much time already trying to correlate commits
with messages by looking at all emails from a timerange to find out what
'as discussed' refers to.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services