Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix bogus %name-prefix option syntax in all our Bison files. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix bogus %name-prefix option syntax in all our Bison files.
Date
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix bogus %name-prefix option syntax in all our Bison files.  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-05-28 18:52:22 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I guess we have to revert this

Looks like it.

> and IMO we should also lobby the Bison people to not emit the
> deprecation warnings yet.

That's a good idea. What i've been thinking about is to add
-Wno-deprecated to the bison rule in the interim. Maybe after a
configure test for the option. All deprecation warnings so far seem to
be pretty unhelpful.

Btw, the bison release process and documentation suck. Majorly. The most
efficient way to learn about changes seems to be to look at the git
repository.

Andres