Re: New here: trouble getting postgres 9.3 running as service on windows 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: New here: trouble getting postgres 9.3 running as service on windows 8.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Malik Rumi escribió:

Hello list,

>  I overcame the first errors I got about the TEMP environmental variable
> thanks to the info on the wiki. Then I got two warnings after install. 1)
> is that the adminpack did not install, and it asked if I was listening on
> the port. 2) was that I needed to check the conf.

Do we have any insight on what might be going on here?

Malik, I think you should be more specific: what was it that you
installed?  Where did you download it from?  Do you see diagnostic
messages in the event log and/or Postgres' log file?