Re: PostgreSQL 6.2.5 Visual Studio Build does not pass the regression tests. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 6.2.5 Visual Studio Build does not pass the regression tests.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
[Please use reply-to-all to keep me on the recipients list.]

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 01:43:20PM -0800, shivshi wrote:
> > Please tell us as much as possible about the OS configurations that have
> > exhibited the problem and the OS configurations that have *not* exhibited
> > the problem with the same binaries.
>
> The OS configuration that has exhibited the problem is Windows 7 Enterprise,
> 64 bit OS on Intel Core-I7.
> We are not aware of a OS configuration on which this did work.

Do you use any anti-malware software on all of those systems?

> > A MinGW build certainly includes win32_sema.c, and I don't see why it
> > wouldn't use that code path.  How did you determine that?
>
> I thought the MinGW build which is built with gnu compiler invokes Posix
> libraries and doesn't call into Windows System calls directly.

No; that approximately describes the Cygwin build.

> > Would you verify that the attached patch fixes your builds?
>
> Do you want me to go ahead with the tests or do you want me to wait to
> incorporate Tom Lane's suggestions

Please go ahead and test w32-io-completion-v1.patch.

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com