Re: Hot standby 9.2.6 -> 9.2.6 PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Hot standby 9.2.6 -> 9.2.6 PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2013-12-20 12:01:55 -0800, Sergey Konoplev wrote:
> For me it looks like something completely different from the
> Tomonari's bug. I does not have problems with restarting and it always
> has something to do with vacuum. The error message is the same every
> time it breaks down:

Well, you didn't mention that it wasn't related to restarts before. You
said that you just had re-cloned the standby, so assuming a restart
isn't unreasonable.

> Also, the issue is reproducible on the production site of a big
> enterprise company and it is always a long lasting pain to negotiate
> and deploy even a little patch. So I would like to ask you to review
> this issue more carefully before I start the negotiation process,
> please.

I have to say, attitude-wise, I find that statement a bit
problematic. You're working with the community here, not somebody you're
paying.

Greetings,

Andres Freund